mandag 4. mars 2013

Finished products of January/February

DSC_1179

Welcome to a new section here on the blog! This is where I write mini-reviews of the products I’ve actually finished (or in a few cases, like nailpolish, when you’ve reached the point where you just can’t use it anymore) in the last month/months, because everyone loves reviews, right? Before I started collecting empties on NYE, I didn’t think I went through as many products as I actually do. Sure, beauty is one of my biggest passions, but I don’t use THAT many products and I don’t wear make-up that often either.

I did end up with a lot of HG products this time, so I have to warn you, no angry reviews this time! Maybe I’m just really good at picking good products? I really hope you enjoy this and future posts.

DSC_1180

Hair

Kérastase Resistance Bain de Force shampoo – This has been my go-to shampoo for a while now, and I really love it. Keeps my hair healthy and strong, and I can see a difference between this and other shampoos. Probably not the best for coloured hair, but it’s not that harsh either. I have already repurchased this.

Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect conditioner – Now this is my holy grail drugstore conditioner! Super cheap, and it leaves my hair sooooooooo soft! This is the only conditioner I’ve used for years, and no drugstore product can rival it. Wondering if I should try a salon conditioner though, just in case it’s better. Already repurchased.

DSC_1183

Face & Body

Chanel Démaquillant Yeux Intense eye make-up remover – I can say nothing bad about this! This is another product I’ve been using for years, and I have no need to try anything else. It get’s the job done and you’re not left with that slightly greasy feeling as some other eye make-up removers do. Already repurchased.

MD Formulations Face & Body scrub – Love, love, love this scrub! I use it on both face and body and it keeps my skin soft and supple. The bottle goes a long way too, I use it twice a week 5-6 months. Already repurchased.

Neutral shower gel – It’s just a shower gel without fragrance, as simple as that. Doesn’t dry out my skin. Started using these when Edward was born, so he could smell me and not perfume. I do prefer a nice scent in the shower, but I would still repurchase this. Sorry to international readers if this only is available in Norway.

La Prairie Purifying Cream Cleanser – Lovely, thick and creamy cleanser that cleanses very nicely. Absolutely loooooove the smell! It’s not cheap and only lasts about three months, but I think it’s worth the price and I keep repurchasing.

Creme de la Mer -  If you’re a beauty fiend like me, this needs no introduction. It’s the best. In the world. Ever. This is the only moisturizer that has ever worked on my super dry and sensitive skin, even during the winter. Worth every single cent! Already repurchased.

DSC_1184

Hands & Feet

ACO Special Care footcream – I keep repurchasing this because it’s fine. It’s pretty cheap, it’s minty and cooling and keeps my feet soft when I use it regularly (I’m pretty lazy though). The only problem is that it’s so thick it takes a while to dry, so I usually just put on socks after application. Already repurchased.

Deborah Lippman The Stripper nailpolish remover – I wanted to love this, but I just can’t! It’s a good remover; it doesn’t dry my cuticles, removes all polish, and has an OK smell. But it’s just too expensive. You can get a just as good remover for a third of the price. Would not repurchase, but only because it’s too expensive.

La Roche-Posay Lipikar Xerand hand cream – One of my favourite hand creams ever. The formula is quite funny so it might not give as much moisture as others, but it dries in like 5 seconds so you can go on with your life, which I think might be the most important feature in a hand cream. It’s also unscented which I love. Already repurchased.

ACO Rich Care hand cream – I like to use this before I go to bed and such, because it’s quite thick and contains shea butter which is nice. It is scented, which is why I don’t use it all the time, but it makes my hands quite soft. Dries pretty quickly too, but it makes hands feel kind of silky (for lack of a better word) which some might not like. Already repurchased.

DSC_1182

Misc

Vichy Antiperspirant deodorant – This is a really nice deodorant for those of us with sensitive skin! It is slightly scented but not so much it’s a problem for me. It doesn’t clump or anything, and I’ve never had any itching like I do with regular drugstore or supermarket brands. If' you sweat very heavily this might not be the best for you, but if you’re at a medium level this will even work at the gym. Would repurchase.

Chanel Black Satin nailpolish – This is the only black polish for me. So shiny. Use it all through fall. Go buy it! Will repurchase.

Tom Ford Black Orchid perfume – This is my signature scent, and after 2.5 years I finally finished the bottle! I’ve never emptied a perfume before. It’s heavy and a little bit dark. And so sexy! Already repurchased.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...